|Prior experience required
This course is presented in Cape Town over a period of 5 days .
Who is it for?
The course is for those who want to enter the lucrative super yacht industry to be a stewardess on board a yacht or super yacht. This International Certificate will put you a step ahead of the rest.
Ability after course
Be a Stewardess on a Super Yacht.
PYA Stewardess Certificates
You will be supplied with a Course Manual for taking notes.
All cleaning materials, flowers, wine, table setting items, access to the yachts, etc., for your practical training sessions is included in the course price.
The following topics are included in the course syllabus:
- Introduction to life at sea and the general role and behaviour of the stewardess
- Professional etiquette in communication, personal hygiene, appearance and attitude/Professional Decorum and Social Skills
- Getting into the industry, Passports and Visas, Travel Arrangements, Dockwalking and Day Work, Crew Agencies
- Where to go, when to go and where to stay
- Preparation of CVs
- Stewardess Daily Duties guests on board or no guests/general Stewardess Schedules
- Silver Service Techniques/Order of Service/Methods of Service/Entertainment Planning
- Cuisine/General Cuisine Terms/Menu
- Wine Service, Wine Knowledge, Decanting, service and storage of fine wines
- Bar stocking and Cocktails
- Table Setting/Theme ideas
- Laundry tips and Practical Laundry Application/Ironing
- Advanced cleaning methods/Care of exotic furnishings, finishes and fabrics
- Napkin folding
- Cabins and Cabin Service/Towel Folding/Toiletries and amenities
- Yacht Terminology
- Line handling, Boat docking
- Security, confidentiality and privacy issues
- International protocol and correct forms of address
- Valet services
- Preparing yacht for guest arrival
- Guest Care
- Practices of Storing & Stowing a Yacht
Please contact us for course price and request a detailed quote.
The course is presented throughout the year. Please contact us for course dates.
Accommodation and Food
Not included for the 5 day course. We have selected a few upmarket backpackers in Cape Town area should you need accommodation. These back packers are on the My Citi Bus route – for ease of transport.
Not included in course fee
What to bring
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Suitable clothing – smart clothing
- Sun cream, hat, towels, toiletries
- Extra money for food & beverages