|Prior experience required
||16 years old
||Depending on modules chosen
The course consists of 5 modules :
- Module 1: PYA Stewardess training is done over 5 days in Cape Town (you choose either CT or Gordons Bay)
- Module 1: IYT Stewardess training is done over 5 days in Gordons Bay (you choose either CT or Gordons Bay)
- Module 2: STCW 2010 training takes 11 days in Cape Town (this is a compulsory ticket for the yachting industry)
- Module 3: RYA Power boat Level II training takes 2 days and is conducted at our premises in Langebaan
- Module 4: RYA Competent Crew Course takes 5 days which is conducted in Langebaan
- Module 5: VHF Radio Licence takes 2 days which is conducted in Langebaan
- Module 6: City of Guilds Food and Safety Catering takes 2 days which is conducted in Langebaan
Every student receives a complementary Atlantic Yachting cap.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at students who want to enter the lucrative super yacht industry as a steward/stewardess.
Ability after course
After completing this course, students will be able to work as a steward/stewardess on a Luxury Yacht or Super Yacht, in the International Industry.
- PYA Stewardess Course Completion Certificates OR IYT Stewardess Course Completion Certificates
- STCW 2010 Certificates for Elementary First Aid, Marine Fire Fighting and PSSR + PST & PDSD
- RYA Powerboat Level II Certificate
- RYA Competent Crew Certificate
- SAMSA SRC Radio Licence
- City of Guilds Food and Safety Catering
OPTIONAL EXTRAS BENEFICIAL FOR THOSE AIMING TO WORK IN THE INTERNATIONAL SUPER YACHTING INDUSTRY (bookings made on request)
RYA Day Skipper Theory
RYA Day Skipper Practical
RYA Personal Watercraft (jet ski) – 1 day
City of Guilds – Galley Specific Training – 6 days
Course dates & prices
The course is presented throughout the year. Please contact us for course dates.
Please contact us for course prices and request a detailed quote
Accommodation and Food
Accommodation is included for the Competent Crew Course – on board our yacht, moored in Club Mykonos.
Accommodation is included at Atlantic Crew House for SRC, RYA PB II & City of Guilds Food Catering Course.
Accommodation is included for the 5 day Stewardess module in Gordons Bay (IYT)
Accommodation not included:
Accommodation is not included in the 5 day Stewardess module in Cape Town (PYT). We have selected a couple of upmarket backpacker for out clients to choose from +- R220.00/day. Please enquire should you need the details.
Accommodation is not included for the 11 day STCW 2010 module which is done in Cape Town. We have selected a couple of upmarket backpackers for our clients to choose from +- R220.00/day. Please inquire should you need the details.
Food is included ONLY for the Competent Crew Module. The balance of the courses, food is for your own account.
What to bring and what we supply
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING – for Competent Crew
- Suitable clothing – layers are always a good idea
- Gloves (optional) – can be purchased from us
- Sailing or soft light-soled shoes – can be purchased from us
- Sleeping bag
- Sun cream, hat, towels, toiletries
- Weather proof jacket / foul weather gear – we can provide foul weather gear on loan for free
- Extra money for food & beverages – cooking on board the yacht is encouraged for the experience and to help stretch your budget
WHAT WE SUPPLY – for Competent Crew
- Booklets supplied on loan for RYA Competent Crew course
- Charts & navigation equipment on loan – can be purchased from us
- Course completion certificates
- Sheets & pillows
- Full galley
- Cleaning products
- Tea, coffee, sugar, milk
- Foul weather gear on loan for practical courses
National and some international flights land at Cape Town International Airport. The airport is approximately an hour’s drive from our office in Langebaan.
Car rentals from airport/Cape Town
There are drop-off points for the following rental car companies in Langebaan:
- Telephone/Fax number: +27 (0)22 772 2807
- Telephone/Fax number: +27 (0)22 772 1006
If the need be, we can assist you in making arrangements to meet your transport and alternative accommodation needs. We make use of a registered shuttle service between Cape Town and Langebaan.
EVENING BEFORE COURSE STARTS (only by prior arrangement)
We can meet you the day before your course starts between 17:00 and 18:00 at our office. Please make arrangements with our office prior to your arrival.
THE MORNING THE COURSE STARTS
Please meet us at the Atlantic Yachting Office at the Club Mykonos Marina, Agora Square at 08:00. After the first day theory courses will commence at 08:00am and finish by 17:00.