|Prior experience required:||:||
|Minimum age||:||16 years old|
|:||5 days / +-300nm including 4 passages over 60nm, night hours|
|Number of students||:||Minimum 4 / Maximum 5|
We depart from and return to our office in Club Mykonos Private Resort, Langebaan. We are situated on the shores of the picturesque Langebaan Lagoon.
We usually follow one of two sailing routes:
- Sail south to Cape Town, Hout Bay and perhaps to Simons Town and Gordons Bay
- Sail north to Paternoster, St. Helena Bay, Port Owen and perhaps to Lamberts Bay
The choice of which sailing route to take, depends on the weather and the instructor will make the final decision.
It is assumed that the students have a basic knowledge of sailing and/or has sailed before.
Who is it for?
Ideal for candidates who need nautical miles to qualify for upgrading their sail qualifications to Yachtmaster Coastal Skipper , Yachtmaster Offshore or Yachtmaster Ocean, or for sailing enthusiasts who want to gain some sailing experience on longer trips.
Nautical miles obtained are signed off in your log book by the skipper.
Mileage trips are presented throughout the year. Please contact us for dates. If you have a group booking (3 – 5 or more people) we will try our best to accommodate you on your dates.
Each student receives the following which is yours to keep after the course:
- Complimentary Atlantic Yachting Cap
- Complimentary Atlantic Yachting Log Book
Our training includes the following:
- Qualified skipper
- Dividers (on loan or for sale)
- Plotters (on loan or for sale)
- Charts (on loan or for sale)
- Training manuals (on loan or for sale)
- Stationary (on loan)
- Pocket calculators (on loan)
- Foul weather gear (on loan)
- Full safety gear (on loan)
- Berthing fees
Free accommodation supplied on board your training yacht for the duration of the course (including sheets, pillows, fully equipped galley and cleaning products).
Food is included in the course fee. We also provide a nutritional menu plan (including shopping list) typically used when on the sea. We encourage students to cook on the yacht as part of the yachting experience.
Please contact us for course prices and request a detailed quote.